Friday, October 31, 2014

October 31, 2014

Prezi Presentations
Prezi is a presentation tool I've been familiar with for a few years now. Since my senior year of high school I've seen different uses of it. For this weeks blog we are to explain three from the Tech Teacher Game that we like.
My first favorite Prezi is "Geography of Place- Why We Live Where We Live". I chose this because it was simple. From my experience with prezi's in the past they can become a little over the top with how the work organized. I liked this because the creator clearly explained why people emigrate from their origins. Then he clearly explained why they chose to move where they moved. His example was his grandparent's which means this had some sentimental value in it. Everything was crisp and clear and he took advantage of pictures, and old records kept by family I'm guessing.
For my next prezi presentation I chose "Qu'est-ce que tu fais pour aider à la maison?" I chose this for two reasons, I'm familiar with french. And my second reason is because being familiar with french this brought back some lessons I've learned in the past. What I also liked about it was that it used three different types of reinforcement. The first had the pictures with the french words describing what the lady was doing, the next circle of pictures were exactly the same but instead there was an acronym for each of the words. Then the last was the third set of pictures which were exactly the same but this time no french words or acronyms. The use of repetition in this one is a great idea but one way to learn a foreign language is by constant repetition, and this prezi did just that.
For my last prezi I chose the one titled, "Super Bowl Trivia (Before Game)". This was very neat and interesting to me. Sport's are a very fun topic, and he used prezi very well with it. The way he had his transitions go into parts of words was a great idea. Plus it was not so simple, every now and then simple is the way to go, but like how the Super Bowl is far from simple, so was this Prezi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment