Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October 1, 2014

Last class we learned about a few things being: content curation, YouTube, and Google+. My favorite of the few was Google+. For some time now I have had a Google+ account. For the most part I was familiar with how Google+ linked to my GMail and YouTube accounts. However, one thing stood out in particular last class when learning about Google+'s features. The feature known as "Hangouts" was such a good discovery for me because now when doing projects with class mates or just wanting to interact with friends I can now do it via Hangouts. This is great because it is face to face, can be done from mobile devices such as cellphones, laptops, tablets, essentially anything with a front-facing camera. The positives don't end there with Google+. I can now create circles of friends and send mass group messages to them, which is awesome because having an android phone I've always been left out of group messages. Also this alleviates the stress of having to search for friends, and one by one join them in on whatever I intend on sending them. Lastly, with Google+ I have a profile. This profile is great because now I have a wall much like other social media, which keeps me up to date on my friends and acquaintances. I can see their interests and what they post. I highly recommend a Google+ account for those of you who do not already have one.

You can access mine by clicking the link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JamesWoodD/about

No comments:

Post a Comment